Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Circular saw blade for use with CNC router?


Antony G asked: I own a CNC router and I have been cutting some MDF into strips. I’m currently using a slitting saw blade which is OK but ideally I would want to use a standard circular saw blade because it will cut through the MDF easier.
The trouble is all these circular saw blades are normally advertised for use with either a table saw or a hand-held circular saw. Are these saw blades OK to use with a CNC router?
Basically, what I have done is to bolt the spindle on my CNC router sideways and attached the saw blade using an arbor. Using a slitting saw works fine but I really want to use a circular saw blade instead.
I can’t see any reason why there should be a problem but for safety reasons I just thought i’d better check.

Please comment your opinion.

No comments: